Do you have a pet that is so close to you that you can’t think of traveling without them? Plan a trip with Alaska, and take your pet on the flight with you. Alaska Airlines understands that pets are like your family. Therefore, it lets
passengers travel with their furry friends conveniently. However, you must ensure to check out the Alaska Airlines pet policy in detail to avoid any kind of hassle later on. This incredible airline will transport your pet
safely to the destination at minimal fares. Now, you don’t need to leave your pet behind; just book tickets with Alaska, and go on a wonderful trip with your pet. Read on to learn more about the airline’s pet policy.
Does Alaska Airlines Allow Pets in the Cabin?
Yes, the airline allows small pets in the cabin for an additional fee of $100 each way. However, the service dog can travel for free with you. As soon as your travel plan is finalized, get in touch with the airline executives to find a spot
for your pet. As per the Alaska Airlines pet policy cabin, your pet can travel in the cabin if the pet carrier is able to fit under the seat.
Pets in the cabin
- If you wish to travel with a pet, you have to be 18 years old.
- Moreover, passengers with pets can’t sit on bulkhead rows and exit rows.
- Each flyer can travel with a personal item and a pet carrier or a standard-size carry-on bag and a pet carrier.
- The airline permits a total of three pet kennels in First Class. However, eight pet carriers are allowed in the main cabin.
- As per the pet policy of Alaska Airlines, pets in the cabin are rabbits, cats, dogs, and household birds.
- Moreover, the pet should stay in the kennel at all times in the boarding area and on the flight.
- The pet cage should be stowed under the seat in the cabin.
- Both hard-sided and soft-sided pet kennels are allowed in the cabin. The maximum dimension of the hard-sided carrier size is 17″ x 11″ x 7.5″, and the soft-sided kennel size is 17″ x 11″ x 9.5.”
- According to the Alaska pet policy, the pet kennel must have appropriate air ventilation, be free of leaks, and be escape-proof.
Can Pets Travel in the Baggage Compartment?
Alaska also accepts domesticated pets in the climate-controlled baggage and cargo compartments. To transfer pets in the baggage compartment, you need to pay $150 for tickets bought on or after May 1. $100 will be charged for tickets through
Pets in the baggage compartment
- Accepted pets in the baggage compartment include hamsters, guinea pigs, ferrets, dogs, cats, non-poisonous reptiles, household birds, tropical fish, rabbits, and pot-bellied pigs.
- If you are flying with pets, you should know the combined weight of the pet, and the kennel must not weigh more than 150 lbs.
- As per the Alaska Airlines animal policy, cats and dogs must be at least 8 weeks old.
- For traveling in the baggage compartment, a health certificate is needed that must be issued by a licensed veterinarian.
- Brachycephalic cats and dogs are not accepted in the baggage compartment.
- Animals must be inoffensive and harmless and not need any attention during transit.
- To travel to Hawaii or international destinations, additional documentation and fee are required.
Pet Carrier Requirements
Taking your dog in cargo with Alaska Airlines? You must know the pet carrier requirement to avoid any hassle. The pet kennel requirements are different for different sizes of animals.
|Size of the Animal||Carrier size||Dimensions (LxWxH)|
|Extra small||100||21″ x 16″ x 15″|
|Small||200||27″ x 20″ x 19″|
|Medium||300||32″ x 22″ x 23″|
|Large||400||36″ X 24″ x 26″|
|Extra Large||500||40″ x 27″ x 30″|
- Attach the water and food dish to the pet container.
- Moreover, the pet carrier should be made of solid material.
- There should be proper ventilation in the pet carrier.
- Further, it should be crack-free or leak-free.
How to Book Pet Travel on Alaska?
Do you wish to book Alaska Airlines pet travel? You can confirm the pet travel by giving a call at the official number of the airline. Apply the following steps to book the pet travel conveniently.
- Firstly, go to the official website of Alaska Airlines.
- Secondly, confirm the passenger reservation by following the simple booking steps.
- Ensure to go through all the details of the pet policy for a peaceful experience.
- To book your pet, get in touch with Alaska representatives. Either use the chat option or give a call at the airline’s phone number to book the pet travel.
Check out the Alaska Airline pet policy in advance for a hassle-free trip with the airline.
Tips for a Smooth Pet Travel
The topmost priority of Alaska Airlines is your pet’s comfort and care. Therefore, it recommends everyone use the following tips to get prepared for the journey.
- Make sure to bring pet identification and other important documents at the airport.
- A pre-flight workout will be great for your pet.
- Arrive a little before your time to complete the check-in conveniently.
- Don’t overfeed your pet before the flight.
Keep all these things in mind, and have a smooth travel experience with your pet. Ensure to check out the Alaska Airlines dog policy in detail if you are flying with your lovely dog.
Wrapping it up
Ready to take off with your lovely pet? Confirm your pet travel with Alaska Airlines, and ensure to make the most of your time in the air. The sole motive of the airline is to provide the utmost care to your pet. Book your tickets now, add
a pet to your booking, and fly off in style with Alaska. If you still have any issues, connect with Alaska Airlines representatives now.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Alaska Airlines pet policy?
As per the pet policy of the airline, your pets can travel in the cabin or baggage compartment. However, there are some restrictions on pet travel that you should know.
How strict is Alaska Airlines pet policy?
Alaska Airlines pet policy is really friendly, and it allows you to complete the journey with your pet seamlessly.
Can I bring a dog on a plane at Alaska Airlines?
Yes, you can bring your dog on the flight and have a wonderful flight experience.
What are pet fees for Alaska Airlines?
$100 is the pet fee each way if your pet is traveling with you in the cabin. For travel in the baggage compartment, the fee will be $150.
How to book pet travel on Alaska?
Get in touch with the airline executives to confirm the pet travel within little or no time.