Southwest Unaccompanied Minor – Let Your Kid Fly Comfortably and Safely!
Southwest Airlines never fails to impress its customers because it offers multiple stunning amenities for your help. One such service is its unaccompanied minor program. This incredible airline is a perfect choice for sending your child alone on the flight. Moreover, Southwest Airlines unaccompanied minor program permits children to have a comfortable flight experience.
Southwest laid down this policy to ensure that little ones don’t face any problems while traveling alone. So if you are scared to book tickets for your child, then fret not and choose Southwest as their travel partner. Read further to learn more about the unaccompanied minor service of Southwest.
What is Southwest Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy?
Is your kid flying alone with Southwest? There is no need to worry because the airline has a simple program to ensure a safe experience for your lovely kids. Moreover, booking unaccompanied minors on Southwest is not a big deal. One just has to visit the official site to contact the airline to make a booking.
Before booking your unaccompanied minor on the flight, you must know the following points. Explore the unaccompanied minor policy in detail, and let your child has the flight of their dreams.
- Kids from 5 through 11 years can avail benefits of unaccompanied minor service. Children older than 11 years can fly alone on the flight.
- As per the Southwest unaccompanied minor policy, you will have to pay an additional fee for booking tickets for your kids.
- Moreover, the unaccompanied minor fee is refundable.
- Additionally, two unaccompanied minors can travel together on the same booking. But $50 will be charged for each unaccompanied minor.
- Southwest doesn’t allow minors to travel on connecting flights. They can only travel on nonstop flights.
- One can use Rapid Rewards points to book unaccompanied minors at low fares. However, an additional fee of $50 will be charged as the Southwest unaccompanied minor fee.
- Arrive a little early at the airport to familiarize your kid with Southwest crew members.
How can I book unaccompanied minors on Southwest?
Do you want to confirm your kids’ booking on Southwest? Well, you can do it with much ease. The airline offers a simple procedure to purchase tickets for your children and let them have a memorable flight. Whether you want to book tickets online or offline, you can use your desired way conveniently. However, you must check the Southwest unaccompanied minor age restrictions before starting the booking procedure. Here are the ways to book unaccompanied minors on Southwest.
Via official site
- Firstly, go to the Southwest Airlines official site.
- After that, start the booking procedure by entering the needed details in the search engine.
- Now, add the child’s information, and proceed further.
- When you will be checking out, you will be asked whether the kid is traveling alone or with an adult.
- If they are not traveling with anyone, they will be automatically considered unaccompanied minor.
Over the call
- Another way to book tickets for unaccompanied minors is the airline’s phone number. Dial the Southwest unaccompanied minor phone number from your dial pad, and get in touch with airline agents.
- Once the agent picks up your call, share the child’s details.
- Moreover, you will have to submit the required documents to get kids’ reservations done in no time.
- The Southwest representative will confirm the booking for your kid immediately.
At the airport ticket counter
- You can also confirm the booking of your kid at the airport ticket counter.
- Visit the Southwest customer representative to share the details of your kid.
- Moreover, provide the needed documents, and the available agent will confirm the booking conveniently.
One can use any of these methods to book flight tickets and allow your kid to fly high amidst safety.
How to prepare unaccompanied minors for travel?
When you send your child alone on the flight, you must prepare them in advance. Following are some of the important points related to the Southwest Airlines unaccompanied minor program.
- Make sure to create a copy of your kid’s itinerary. This copy is for the child and the adult who is coming to pick up the child at the destination airport.
- Moreover, you should install the Southwest mobile app to stay updated with the flight status.
- Don’t forget to pack snacks or food for your kid if the flight is during mealtimes.
- Give your child the contact information of the person coming to pick them up.
- Make sure to charge all electronic devices of kids.
Is the Southwest unaccompanied minor fee refundable?
Southwest is one of the most considerate airlines that understands all needs of flyers. Therefore, it doesn’t hesitate to refund the unaccompanied minor fee in the following cases.
- If you cancel the booking of an unaccompanied minor, you will get your refund. You have to visit the Southwest Airlines manage booking section to cancel the kid’s reservation.
- When the airline cancels the flight and you don’t rebook, you can claim a refund.
- If the travel plan is changed, and now an adult is traveling with your kid, then he or she will not be considered an unaccompanied minor. You can easily request a refund in that case.
What will be the pickup procedure at the destination airport?
An adult should be there at the destination airport to pick up the child. Ensure to give all the information of the adult to your child.
- Firstly, one should go to the “Suggested Airport Arrival Times” section and check out the arrival time of the flight.
- After that, go to the ticket counter, get the gate pass, and go through the security checkpoint.
- Make sure to be at the airport at least 45 minutes prior to the flight departure.
- Talk to the Southwest employees, and tell them you are here to pick up a minor. This will expedite the process.
Wrapping it up
Ready to plan a safe trip for your little one? Go through the Southwest Airlines unaccompanied minor program details, and allow your child to have an unforgettable flight experience. The unaccompanied minor program has many associated guidelines that are laid down while keeping little ones’ comfort in mind. So book tickets without any hesitation to ensure a safe and comfortable trip for your kid.
Read More Related Minor Policy:
American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Delta Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Air France Airlines Unaccompanied Minor
United Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Policy
Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy