Delta Airlines always strives to provide the best travel experience for all its flyers, especially for kids flying alone. If your child needs to fly alone on the flight, you must choose Delta Airlines for booking. The airline has a special program for children known as Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor program. Explore this program in detail before sending your child alone on the flight.
When your child flies with Delta, the airline ensures that they are comfortable and safe throughout the trip. The unaccompanied minor program features a Delta personnel escort for your kid, a Sky Zone lounge for kids, and a trackable wristband. Moreover, the Delta personnel will escort your kid throughout the trip. Read on to learn more about the unaccompanied minor program.
Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor policy – Know Associated Rules!
Make sure to read the Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor policy for a hassle-free trip for your kid. Read the following points, and book your child’s ticket soon.
- Children aged 4 years or younger can’t travel alone on the flight, and they are not eligible for the unaccompanied program. However, they can board the flight if they are with a passenger of at least 18 years old.
- The unaccompanied minor program is compulsory for kids between 5 and 14 years.
- However, children from 5 to 7 years old may travel on non-stop flights only.
- The “unaccompanied minors Delta” program allows passengers of 8-14 years to travel on selected connecting and non-stop flights.
- Moreover, this service is optional for kids aged between 15 to 17 years. If they avail this service, they can travel on both connecting and non-stop flights.
- Kids ages 15-17 years can also fly as standard passengers by showing valid ID proof.
- You can book the flight ticket for your kid by calling the airline. Contact the reservations desk, and confirm your kids’ reservation in no time.
- $150 is a Delta unaccompanied minor fee in addition to the standard adult fare.
- Moreover, there should be an adult to help the minor during the check-in process and at the time of pick-up.
- Delta will not accept unaccompanied minors on red-eye flights and the last connecting flight of the day.
How to book the Delta unaccompanied minor?
Want to confirm the Delta flight booking for your kid? Yes, there is a simple procedure for it. Moreover, you can easily book flight tickets, ensuring a place for your child on the flight. You have to dial the Delta unaccompanied minor phone number to book tickets for your kid. However, firstly, Delta agents will confirm the eligibility and then proceed further with the booking process. After that, the representative will give you the 4-digit PIN configuration. Use this number to make any changes to the booking.
Required check-in documents
Once you purchase flight tickets for your kid, you need to help them through the check-in process. Look for the Delta customer service agent at the airport to get information regarding the child’s pick-up and drop-off. At check-in, ensure to provide documents regarding the Delta unaccompanied minor age. The unaccompanied adult must provide the following at check-in.
- Photo ID of the kid
- Contact phone number
- Information of the adult coming to pick up the unaccompanied minor at the destination airport
What is the Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor fee?
The unaccompanied minor fee of Delta Airlines is $150 USD/CAD/EUR each way. Moreover, the fee is applicable to domestic and international travel on both connecting and nonstop flights. This fee will be in addition to the ticketed adult fare.
- The $150 fee is compulsory if anyone avails the unaccompanied minor service of the airline.
- Moreover, this unaccompanied minor fee includes up to 4 kids if they are flying together.
- To pay the fee in advance, you can connect with the Delta representatives over the call. Moreover, you can also pay the fee during the check-in procedure at the airport.
Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor travel guidelines
Check out the following information to understand the policy in detail.
Ready your kid to fly
Before going on the trip, make sure to prepare your child for the journey. While packing their stuff, include the following as per the Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor program.
- Games, books, snacks, and other entertainment
- For larger items, a large suitcase
- A small carry-on bag
- Contact information attached to the kid’s bag
Delta Sky Zone
If your kid is flying on a connecting flight through Memphis, Los Angeles, New York (JFK), Cincinnati, Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Detroit, Seattle, or Minneapolis, they can access Delta Sky Zones for entertainment. Delta understands that kids love games; therefore, these lounges have a special children-only area. Kids can play with toys and video games to have a fun experience with Delta Airlines. Moreover, they can make complimentary phone calls to their parents or guardians while in Delta lounges. So, book tickets for your kids now, and let them enjoy their journey to the fullest. Moreover, you can make changes to their reservation through the Delta Airlines manage booking process.
Boarding and takeoff
- An unaccompanied minor should be with a parent or a guardian at the departure point. They must be available at the particular airport till the flight departs.
- After that, a Delta representative will help your child board the flight.
- Your kid will be seated at the front of the flight so that they can stay close to the flight attendants.
- Moreover, you can contact Delta Airlines for any other queries.
- The person who is coming to pick up your child at the airport must be available before the flight lands.
- They should carry identification documents.
- If there are any changes in the pick-up arrangements, contact Delta to share new details.
- Moreover, the parent or guardian must obtain a gate pass to pick up the Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor.
What happens if the unaccompanied minor’s flight got canceled or delayed?
There is no need to worry about the flight of your child getting delayed or cancelled because the airline will make sure that your child is safe. If the airline has any indication that your flight will get delayed, the airline
executives will suggest you plan a trip on another day. However, if a delay or cancellation occurs during the flight, Delta flight attendants will-
- Stay with the kids until they are boarded on another flight.
- Rebook children on the next available departure that is close to their destination.
- Connect with the designated person at the pick-up location to inform them about the situation.
If the situation comes where an overnight stay is required, the airline will provide overnight accommodation and meals to kids.
Wrapping it up
You can’t find a better airline than Delta to make your kid’s journey enjoyable. Once kids’ tickets are booked with Delta, the airline will take care of them throughout the journey. Moreover, one of the Delta personnel will be with your child from boarding to pick up. So call the airline, and confirm the unaccompanied minor flight booking in the shortest time.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Delta’s policy on unaccompanied minors?
Delta allows kids between 5 and 14 years to travel alone on the flight under the unaccompanied minor policy. However, they have to pay $150 as a service fee.
What age can a minor fly alone on Delta?
Kids aged 5 years can travel alone with Delta Airlines. The unaccompanied minor program is compulsory for the age group from 5 to 14 years.
How much is the unaccompanied minor fee?
The unaccompanied minor fee of Delta Airlines is $150 for kids ages 5-14 years. This fee covers up to 4 kids if multiple unaccompanied minors, such as siblings travelling together.
Can a 14 year old fly alone on Delta?
Yes, 14 years old children can travel alone on Delta Airlines. However, they need to pay $150 as a service fee to avail the unaccompanied minor service.
Do minors need ID to fly Delta?
Yes, minors have to provide valid ID proof if they need to use the unaccompanied minor service of the airline.
Can unaccompanied minors travel internationally with Delta Airlines?
Yes, the unaccompanied minors of Delta Airlines are allowed to travel on international flights as well. However, there are some restrictions based on travel on other airlines and individual country requirements.
Read More Related Minor Policy:
American Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Air France Airlines Unaccompanied Minor
United Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Policy
Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Southwest Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Air Canada Unaccompanied Minor Policy