Explore Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Program and Stay Worry-free!
Is your little one ready to fly alone? Are you looking for the right airline that can ensure a safe journey for your kid? Well, your search ends at Spirit Airlines. The Spirit Airlines unaccompanied minor program has been designed for the convenience of little flyers. So get ready to go through the details of this program to plan a desirable trip for your child.
Southwest allows kids of a certain age to travel alone on flights. The airline calls them unaccompanied minors. Your child will be in safe hands with Spirit Airlines flight attendants. So read the following blog to get all the details about the Spirit unaccompanied minor program.
What is Spirit Airlines unaccompanied Minor Policy?
If your kid is flying with Spirit Airlines, you must learn about the Spirit unaccompanied minor policy. Some rules are associated with this policy that are must to explore.
- Firstly, you must know that your child can fly only on domestic flights. Spirit Airlines doesn’t permit little ones on international flights.
- The domestic flights include the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.
- Moreover, the unaccompanied minor program is applicable only on direct flights. There will be no change of aircraft, or you can say kids can’t fly on connecting flights.
- Each unaccompanied minor will have to pay $150 as Spirit unaccompanied minor fee each way.
- Additionally, Spirit Airlines will offer drinks or snacks on the flight to ensure that your child is well taken care of on the flight.
- When you book tickets for your child, you must indicate that it is for an unaccompanied minor. You can either confirm the booking online or offline.
What are the age requirements for Spirit unaccompanied minor program?
Here are the age requirements to travel alone with Spirit Airlines.
- Children of 4 years of age or younger are not permitted to use this service as they can’t fly alone. An adult passenger of at least 15 years of age must accompany these kids.
- The age group between 5 and 14 years is the eligible Spirit unaccompanied minor age. These children can travel alone with the airline without any hassle.
- Passengers 15 years or older can fly alone with Spirit Airlines. However, they need to verify their age by showing their birth certificate or picture ID. Moreover, kids of 15 years of age can request this service, but they will have to pay a specific fee for this.
How to book unaccompanied minors on Spirit Airlines?
One can confirm the booking for the unaccompanied minor by visiting the official site or calling the airline. Moreover, both these methods are simple and easy to apply.
Via phone number
Give a call at Spirit unaccompanied minor phone number and connect with airline agents without any second thoughts. It is a toll-free number, and you can purchase flight tickets for your kid at much ease. Share the trip details of your kid with the assigned executive, and the agent will assist you immediately.
Via official site
- Firstly, visit the official website of Spirit Airlines.
- Follow the same steps as you would normally do.
- Add the travel priorities for your kid.
- After that, choose “children” in the “Number of Passengers” field.
- Click on the “Continue” icon after entering all the details.
- Now, a window will pop up on your screen that indicates whether your kid is eligible for the Spirit Airlines unaccompanied minor program or not.
- After that, follow the prompts on the screen to confirm the flight booking for your child.
- Once you pay for the booking, you will receive the e-ticket immediately.
Make sure to fill out the unaccompanied minor form at the check-in counter on the day of travel.
Guidelines to note
Here are some additional guidelines that one should follow for sending their child alone on the flight.
At the drop-off location
- Arrive at the airport early, and go to the check-in counter instantly.
- Moreover, you must check-in at least 60 minutes before the scheduled flight departure.
- The parent or guardian of the child should complete all the check-in formalities.
- They have to fill out a form that will be with the unaccompanied minor throughout the flight.
- Request a gate pass, and escort your kid to the gate.
- Ensure to be at the airport until 15 minutes once the flight departs.
Note – For any changes in the booking, visit the Spirit Airlines manage booking section.
On the flight
- The flight attendant of Spirit Airlines will pre-board your child.
- If unaccompanied minors arrive late at the airport, they will be boarded at last. This will be done to ensure an introduction with the flight attendant.
- Moreover, the flight attendants are very caring and will keep a check on little ones.
- Therefore, the flights will make you sit children close to them.
At the pick-up location
- The designated person who is coming to pick up the unaccompanied minor must arrive early at the destination airport.
- They have to visit the ticket counter to get a gate pass.
- After that, be at the gate until the flight arrives.
- The Spirit Airlines flight attendants will escort your child to the parent or guardian mentioned on the unaccompanied minor form.
Wrapping it up
So now you have all the information pertaining to the Spirit unaccompanied minor policy. So visit Spirit Airlines official site or call its official phone number to confirm the reservation for your child. Pay $150 as a service fee and let your child fly amidst sheer comfort and luxury. Book tickets now for your little one!