Want to have an awesome journey with your furry friend? You should choose Frontier Airlines to complete your trip. The airline has a simple policy to let you fly seamlessly with your pet. Check out the Frontier Airlines pet policy in detail, and get ready for a memorable trip with your lovely pet.
Frontier Airlines understands that travel is lots of fun, but it can be stressful if you are traveling with your pet. Therefore, it aims to make your travel experience fun and stress-free. Book your flight tickets, add a pet to your booking, and have an amazing time high in the sky. Wish to learn more about the airline’s pet policy? Read on!
What is the pet policy for Frontier Airlines?
There is no better airline than Frontier when it comes to flying with your furry buddies. Therefore, you must choose it for traveling with your pet and make sure to have the best experience. However, you must explore the pet policy of Frontier Airlines in advance to avoid any hassle.
- Flyers can transfer domesticated dogs, cats, guinea pigs, rabbits, small household birds, and hamsters. However, these pets are allowed only on flights within the USA.
- You have to pay the directional charges in advance to travel with your pet.
- Frontier Airlines allows only domesticated cats and dogs on international flights.
- Moreover, your pet must be in a travel container all the time.
- In addition to this pet container, you can bring one personal item or carry-on bag on the flight.
- Frontier doesn’t permit pets as checked baggage.
- However, you will have to pay an additional fee for the carry-on bag.
- Pets who have disruptive behavior will not be allowed on the flight.
- Frontier advises pets not to have water or food within 4 hours of the flight departure.
- When traveling with a pet, you can’t sit in the exit row or front row.
- For domestic travel, a health certificate is not needed. However, the certificate will be required if you are traveling internationally.
Moreover, you must check out the nation-wise requirements to ensure smooth travel with your pet.
Important points to know about the pet carrier
As mentioned, you have to bring your pet in a travel container to avoid unwanted hassle. The pet should be in the container regardless of whether you are on the flight or at the airport.
- Buy a container or a cage for your pet that is FAA approved.
- Moreover, it should be large enough so that your pet can stay comfortable throughout the flight.
- It should have enough space so that the pet can turn around, lie down, or stand comfortably.
- The maximum dimensions of the pet cage should be 18″ L x 14″ W x 8″ H.
- Place the pet carrier under the seat on your front. This is the weight limit and size limit for containers as per Frontier Airlines pet policy.
- However, you can bring a hard-sided pet carrier, but soft-sided cages are highly recommended for extra comfort.
How much does Frontier Airlines charge for pets?
Do you wish to take your small pet to the cabin with you? You will have to pay $99 per way as an additional fee to take your pet to the cabin. Moreover, the fee varies from destination to destination if you are going on an international trip.
However, you can also travel with service animals on the flight until you are meeting all the rules and regulations. Emotional support animals are counted as regular pets; therefore, it is essential to follow all the important guidelines. Moreover, Frontier is one of the cheapest options if you wish to take your pets on the flight.
How do I add a pet to my Frontier reservation?
Need to add a pet to your booking? You must know about the airline’s pet policy in advance for a hassle-free experience. This pet policy is also known as the Frontier dog policy, which allows you to take small pets in the flight cabin.
To add your pet to your reservation, you just need to apply a couple of clicks on the official site. Firstly, you need to retrieve your booking and add a special service. Apply the following steps to add a pet to your booking.
- Firstly, go to the official website of Frontier Airlines.
- After that, choose “My Trips” on the website’s homepage.
- Now, you have to access your current booking by adding your needed details.
- Enter your last name and confirmation code.
- After that, click on the “Search” option, and go through your current booking details.
- Choose “Add Special Service,” followed by “Add a Pet.”
- Follow the instructions on the screen to add your pet to your reservation.
Moreover, you can connect with Frontier Airlines executives at any moment of the day to avail of assistance regarding your pet’s travel.
What are the rules for service animals?
As per the Frontier Airlines service dog policy, you can only bring dogs as service animals on the flight. The dogs should be able to perform the tasks or work as per the needs of the disabled individuals. These dogs include psychiatric service animals. However, you will need the complete documentation to travel with service animals.
Please note that Frontier Airlines can refuse to take your service animal on the flight if the documentation is completed.
- Earlier service animals were free on the flight. But now Frontier Airlines has made changes to its policy. Now, you have to pay a pet fee to travel with service animals as well.
- Your dog should meet the requirements of the Frontier Airlines pet policy to board the flight.
- Ensure to download and fill in the “Service Animal Air Transportation Form” before traveling.
- Moreover, the form will validate if your dog is healthy enough to travel or not.
- Submit this form at least 2 days prior to the scheduled flight departure.
- Some documentation requirements may vary depending on the destination; therefore, you should connect with Frontier representatives before confirming the flight booking.
- Moreover, your service dog should be at least 16 weeks old to travel on the flight.
- The service animal should be well-behaved and fully trained.
- The dog should not behave disruptively; otherwise, it will be denied boarding.
Wrapping it up
The Frontier Airlines pet policy permits all travelers to fly with their lovely pets without any hassle. The airline knows that your pets are your buddies, and therefore, traveling without them can be difficult. To help you plan a stress-free trip with your pet, the airline offers this comprehensive policy. Access the manage booking section of Frontier, and add your pet to your booking. If you still have any questions regarding the pet policy of Frontier, connect with airline executives.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Frontier allow pets?
Yes, Frontier Airlines allows small domesticated animals on the flight. However, an additional fee will be charged to book your pets.
Can dogs fly on Frontier?
Frontier Airlines lets you travel with small dogs in the cabin. Moreover, you can bring dogs as service animals on the flight.
What is Frontier Airlines pet policy?
As per the Frontier Airlines pet policy, you can travel with small dogs, cats, and other small domesticated animals on the flight. Your pet should be in a pet carrier throughout the flight.
Can I fly my cat on a plane?
Yes, you can take small cats on the flight with you for a minimal fee. The cat must be a pet carrier throughout the journey.
What is the Frontier pet fee?
Frontier Airlines charges $99 as an additional fee to bring your pet on the flight if you are traveling on a domestic flight. However, the fee will vary based on the destination if you are going on an international trip.