Are you planning a trip with British Airways? Want to learn about the seat selection process of the airline? Read the following blog carefully to learn everything about the British Airways seat selection procedure. BA permits its flyers to choose their desired seat in advance for a refreshing air trip. Proceed further to understand everything about the airline’s seat selection process.
Can I select my seat on British Airways?
British Airlines allows all its flyers to select their preferred seat in advance if they wish to complete their journey comfortably. Moreover, the airline recommends doing it in advance to ensure getting your favorite seat. The earlier you book, the higher the chances of getting the seat you want. Moreover, it will avoid the chances of sitting separately from your friends or family. The “British Airways Select Seats” is a simple procedure, and you don’t need to put any additional effort into it.
Moreover, one can select the seat while making a flight booking or even after confirming it. Go to the “Manage My Booking” section on the official site, and choose your desired seats effortlessly.
Is British Airways seat selection free?
Looking to choose your desired seat in advance on BA? If you are wondering whether the seat selection is free or not, then the answer is it depends.
As per the British Airways seat selection policy, you may book your seats for free or have to pay a small fee, depending on various factors. The easiest way to check whether you are eligible for free seat selection is by using the manage booking section. If you are traveling in the First Cabin of Southwest, you can choose seats for free from the time of reservation.
How much does it cost to select seats on British Airways?
As mentioned, it depends on whether you can select seats for free or you have to pay a certain amount. Check your eligibility, and proceed further accordingly.
- If you are not eligible for a free seat selection, then you will have to pay an applicable British Airways seat selection fee.
- However, the seat selection fee depends on various factors, including your class of travel, ticket type, and personal circumstances.
- Additionally, your type of seat and the cabin you are traveling in also affect the seat selection charges. Check out the seat selection prices in the “Manage My Booking” section.
- The seat selection can vary from $30 to $120 depending upon various factors.
- The Basic Economy flyers can choose their seats for free when check-in opens 24 hours before the scheduled departure. This is known as the BA seat selection policy for 24 hours.
- Moreover, you can pay with cash or Avios. If you are paying at the airport, you will have to pay with a debit or credit card.
- If BA is unable to give you the seat you choose in advance, it will book an alternate seat for you. In this case, you can claim a refund.
How to select seats with BA?
Choosing seats with British Airways is no big deal because you just need to make a couple of clicks on the official site. Moreover, you can easily complete the seat selection process of British Airways through the official site. Additionally, flyers can either select their seats while making a booking on the official site or after confirming the flight reservation. So, let’s have a look at the detailed procedure for seat selection.
When booking flight tickets
- One can easily reserve their desired seat when one books flight tickets.
- On the confirmation page, you will locate the “Seat Selection” option.
- Click on it, and open the seat map.
- Check the availability of your desired seat, and book it as soon as possible.
- Pay if applicable to confirm your seat.
After making a booking
- Visit British Airways online to check the seat availability after confirming your reservation.
- Go to its official site.
- Click on the “Manage” option at the top of the homepage.
- After that, enter the requisite details in the given fields.
- Firstly, enter the booking reference.
- Secondly, you need to fill in your last name.
- Lastly, click on the “Find My Booking” option to retrieve your booking details.
- Find out the “Seat Selection” option, and click on it.
- Choose your preferred seat and pay immediately to reserve it.
Moreover, you can contact the British Airways seat selection phone number to get additional information regarding the seat selection procedure.
Nervous traveler? Choose the best seat to fly with confidence!
Does the thought of flying high in the air leave you in a cold sweat because you are a nervous flyer? Are you scared of turbulence? Turbulence is normal during a flight, but not everyone can handle it easily. Some people feel anxious during turbulence. If you are also one of those flyers, you must know the perfect seat to avoid this problem.
Do you know that the seats in the center of the plane are perfect for lessening the effects of turbulence? By choosing these seats, you will not feel uneasy and will have a comfortable flight. Fly with confidence, and don’t feel anxious while soaring through clouds. So, go ahead, and select your seats near the center of the flight for a comfortable flight. However, ensure to make a BA seat selection in advance to avoid missing out on these seats.
Want to change your seats? Do it with ease!
When you travel with British Airways, you get the best services for your ease. The airline totally understands that anyone may need to change their selected seats at any point of time. Therefore, it allows you to change your seats conveniently before you fly up to the check-in time.
Moreover, changing your selected seats is easy as you can do it through the “Manage My Booking” section. However, you need to know certain points in mind before changing your flight.
- If you have selected the higher priced seat than the original one, then you will have to pay the price difference.
- However, BA will not refund any amount if you choose a lower-priced seat.
- Moreover, you need to complete the online seat selection procedure of British Airways again to choose a new seat.
- If any passenger is flying with the BA partner airline, they need to contact that airline directly to change their seats. Moreover, the terms and conditions of that particular airline will apply to your booking.
So go ahead, and change your seat in a fraction of a second for a pleasurable flight experience.
What happens when British Airways changes your seat?
Sometimes BA needs to change your seat even after you have boarded the flight. However these cases are rare, but sometimes it is unavoidable due to certain reasons. When there is a change of aircraft due to safety, operational, or security reasons, the airline can’t guarantee the same seating as you may have chosen.
According to the BA seat selection policy, the airline will try to find a suitable alternative for your seat. For example, the airline will try to match your preferences for middle, window, or aisle seats, if possible. If you have picked the exit row seat, BA will give you another exit row seat. However, if the airline is unable to find a suitable flight option for you, you can claim a refund.
Unsatisfied with the seat change? Claim your refund!
Choosing your favorite seats in advance is the best way to ensure a refreshing air trip. So, go ahead, and visit the British Airways site to choose your preferred seats. However, the airline may need to change your seat in certain cases. But it will give you the best alternative. If that happens to you, and you are not satisfied with the new seat, you can request a refund. You can claim your refund within 30 days within 30 days of the last flight departure in your itinerary. One can easily request a refund in the following cases.
- If the airline changes your seat to an alternative one and you are not satisfied with it.
- In case you become ineligible to sit in the exit row seat.
- If British Airways cancels your flight.
However, in some instances, you are not eligible for a refund. You can’t claim a refund for your British Airlines seat selection cost if-
- You are upgraded by the airline.
- Passengers cancel their flights.
- You have booked a seat through a voucher.
- The flyer changes the seat and picks a lower-priced seat.
How to apply for a refund?
Make sure to claim your refund within 30 days after your flight departure. Go to the official website of BA to request a refund because you can’t ask for it on board or over the call. Moreover, the airline will refund the amount in your account that you used to book seats. If you reserve your seat through Avios, BA will send the amount to the Executive Club account.
Wrapping it up
I hope now you have all your answers regarding the BA seat selection procedure. Sort out your preferences and easily select your desired seat for a pleasant journey in the air. Moreover, it will help you sit together with your friends or family. So why the wait? Visit the airline’s official site to choose your desired seats without any hassle.
Read Related Post: