Preparing your child for the first-time solo trip? Well, you must choose Air France for your kid’s journey as it is one of the best options to send your child alone on the flight. By using the Air France unaccompanied minor service, little ones from 4 years old to 11 years old are eligible to travel alone. “Kids Solo” is the unaccompanied minor program of the airline. Moreover, this program ensures that your child is safe and comfortable throughout the flight.
Let’s read further to learn more about the unaccompanied minor service of the airline.
Air France unaccompanied minor policy – Important rules & regulations!
If you are planning to book your kid’s journey with Air France, then you should check out the rules and regulations in advance. Moreover, this will help you avoid any hassle at the airport. Furthermore, the Air France minor policy has been designed to ensure a comfortable journey for little ones. Here are some of the important points related to this policy.
- Kids from 4 to 11 years old can travel alone with the unaccompanied minor program of Air France.
- However, these kids can only fly on domestic flights. They can travel within the territories of Overseas France and Metropolitan France. Additionally, these kids can also fly to a destination in the airline’s intra-Caribbean network.
- Children between 5 and 14 years can fly on international flights as well.
- The unaccompanied minor service is compulsory for 4-year-old to 11-year-old kids.
- For 12 to 17 years old children, this service is optional.
- Moreover, the fee for the unaccompanied minor service is included in the ticket fare only.
- However., only the legal guardians of kids can book their flight tickets. Additionally, if someone has a guardian’s authorization, they can also confirm a reservation for the little one.
- To book the unaccompanied minor service, one requires to fill out the Air France unaccompanied minor form.
- Please note that unaccompanied minors don’t have lounge access at the airport.
- In case the Air France flight is cancelled or delayed, kids travelling alone will get priority. The flight attendants will keep all kids under supervision.
How do I book Air France tickets for the unaccompanied minors?
Is your kid ready to embark on the most pleasant journey of their life? Confirm flight booking for your younger one, and allow them to make the most of their time in the air. With Air France, the minor travelling alone will be safe and comfortable.
Moreover, you can book tickets for them through different methods. Either visit the official website or install the airline’s mobile app to confirm the unaccompanied minor service. Let’s check out these methods in detail.
Via official site
- Firstly, visit the Air France official site.
- After that, go to the “Kids Solo” page on the official website.
- On this page, you will locate the “Book Online Now” option.
- Click on this option, and enter the asked details in the given fields.
- After adding all the travel preferences in the given search engine, click on the “Search” option.
- Now, explore the list of available flights and choose the most suitable one.
- Pay immediately to confirm the booking for your kid.
Moreover, you can dial the Air France unaccompanied minor phone number to seek assistance regarding this process.
Via mobile app
- In addition to the official site, one can also use the mobile app of the airline to book their tickets.
- For this, you need to install the mobile app of Air France on your device.
- Enter the booking details in the given search engine, and mention the age of your kid.
- Air France will automatically consider your child as an unaccompanied minor.
- Once the booking process is completed, you need to fill out the unaccompanied minor form.
You can also modify the details mentioned in the unaccompanied minor form through the “Air France Manage Booking” section. Connect with the airline’s travel experts to seek guidance at any moment of the day.
What is the Air France unaccompanied minor fee?
As mentioned earlier, Air France doesn’t charge a specific fee for unaccompanied minors. The fee will be included in the ticket fare. Therefore, kids from 4 to 11 don’t need to pay any extra fee to travel solo with the airline.
However, there is an additional fee for children between 12 and 17 years. To use the Air France unaccompanied minor service, they need to pay the following fee-
- €50 for a direct flight
- €100 for a flight with one or more connections
However, this fee can vary depending on the distance of the kid’s flight.
Preparing your kid for the solo trip
Once you have made the booking for your kid, it is time to prepare them for the journey.
- You need to provide the entry documents for the destination your kid is traveling to.
- Some other documents that are required at the check-in are-
- Unaccompanied minor form
- Identity card
- Contact details of the designated adult at the arrival destination
- For a direct flight, bring 2 copies of your kid’s itinerary
- However, you need to bring 3 or 4 copies of your kid’s itinerary for connecting flights.
- Kids need to submit a customs declaration form at the arrival destination if they are traveling to the USA.
- The Air France unaccompanied minors can also fly on connecting flights.
- Moreover, the airline has resumed connecting flight travel for unaccompanied minors on almost all networks.
- However, kids can’t fly on connecting flights departing or arriving from China.
- Moreover, the transfers between Paris-Charles de Gaulle (CDG) and Paris-Orly (ORY) are unavailable.
At the airport
- To check in in advance, go to the official site of the airline.
- As per the Air France minor policy, you can check in 30 hours prior to the departure.
- After that, the airline will send you a confirmation document, which is a must to present at the airport.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes early prior to check-in. Check out your child’s ticket if you wish to know the check-in deadline.
- One of the flight attendants will receive your kid and accompany him to the flight.
- Once the flight has departed, you will receive a message from the airline.
- Moreover, you can leave the airport once you receive this message.
On the flight
- The cabin crew will take special care of all the little ones on the flight.
- Moreover, they will make sure that kids are comfortable and safe throughout the flight.
- If kids are going on an international flight, they can enjoy movies, cartoons, games, and meditation programs.
- Moreover, the airline will also bring gifts and treats to kids.
- Children can also access magazines if they have smartphones.
- After arriving at the destination, the kids will leave the flight at last.
- One of the Air France staff members will accompany the kids to the arrival gate so they can meet the pickup person.
- Moreover, the designated pickup person will receive a message from the airline with the estimated arrival time.
- However, the pickup person needs to show the relevant documents.
Air travel can be really exciting and fun, especially for young and curious minds. However, it can be a daunting experience if your kid is flying alone. But by using the Air France unaccompanied minor program, you don’t have to worry at all. Check out the mentioned details of this program, and confirm booking for your kid easily. Visit the official site now and book tickets without any hassle. For any assistance with the booking process, connect with Air France representatives now.