Southwest Airlines Name Change on Ticket- Detailed guide here.
Did you enter the wrong name on Southwest booking and now need information on Southwest Airlines name change policy? If yes, then you are at the right place.
Often, people realize that they have entered the incorrect or misspelled name on their Southwest booking. As soon as they realize this, they want to make the required modifications.
However, to do so, having advance information on the policy is a must.
Let us first go ahead to know about this policy in detail.
What is Southwest Name Change Policy?
In order to complete the procedure of name change quickly, it is crucial to have information on the policy. Furthermore, the policy laid down by the airline is simple and makes things easy for all passengers.
Go through the points below and learn about Southwest change name on ticket policy-
- Firstly, if you want to change the whole name, you must cancel your booking and rebook the new one using the right name.
- One is eligible to change some characters in the first, middle, and last names on the ticket, and later on, the ticket will get re-issued for the subsequent trip. So, one needs to keep in mind the Southwest name change rule.
- Furthermore, travelers can change upto three letters in the last name of the flyer according to the Southwest Airlines name change policy.
- Moreover, no one can change the full name on their ticket. However, the name change is allowed if the legal name changes, like marriage and divorce. Make sure to have proof of these.
- In addition, flyers who have mixed up the parts of the name of first, middle, and last names need to Speak to a Southwest customer service representative.
What is the Process of Name Change at Southwest?
Once the flyers have information on Southwest Airlines name correction policy, the next thing they want to know is the procedure of changing the name.
This airline has set up both online and offline methods to complete the name change process.
Furthermore, both methods are simple, and thus people can choose any of these.
Let’s find out detailed information on the online method of the name change.
Southwest Name Change via Online method-
The online method of name change includes following some steps in the correct order. The steps to be followed are mentioned below-
- Open the web browser of your choice.
- Head to the official website of Southwest Airlines or enter www.southwest.com.
- On the home page, look for the “manage booking” option.
- In this step, enter the six-digit reference code and the passenger’s last name. Make sure that this name is the same as the one you mentioned on the Southwest Airlines booking.
- Click on the “retrieve booking” option.
- Furthermore, here, select the option of “change name.”
- Make the modifications in the name. You can change upto 4 characters in the first, middle, or last name. These four characters can be changed altogether in three names, i.e., first, middle and last.
- Moreover, pay the name change fee in addition to the fare difference.
- Finally, the passenger will receive the name change confirmation via mail.
Note- According to Southwest Airlines name change policy, one can request the name change for Anytime and Business Select fares.
Southwest Name Change via Offline method-
Another way for Southwest name change requests is by using the offline method. The offline method includes using the phone number of Southwest Airlines and talking to the travel representatives. Once you get in touch with the expert, they will complete the name change process for you.
If you use this method, keep the following points in mind.
- First and foremost, be ready with your six-digit booking reference code, as the travel expert will ask for it to modify the name.
- Remember, according to the Southwest Airlines name change policy, you can request to change only 4 characters in total (first, middle and last name).
- If you want to change the whole name, provide the team of the airline with proof of documentation.
Southwest Airlines name change fee structure-
After having detailed information on Southwest Airlines name change policy, the next thing that passengers need to know is the fee structure.
Southwest is a low-cost airline, and thus it keeps its flyers’ budgets in mind.
To know what is the fee structure that this airline has laid down, refer to the points below-
- What if I tell you there is no fee for making the changes in the name if you do it within 24 hours of making the reservation? Yes, you read it right. Southwest does not charge any fee under this circumstance.
- Furthermore, to complete the change process after 24 hours, you need to pay the charge of $200. However, according to the Southwest Airlines name change policy, you can change only upto 4 characters.
- In addition, the passenger needs to know that they might have to pay the fare difference in some circumstances.
Use the guide on Southwest name change and complete the procedure in a hassle-free manner.