If you are a frequent traveler and often fly with Spirit Airlines, you must be aware of the annoyance of flight delays and cancelations. But what if you don’t want to travel anymore? Don’t panic, as strong Spirit Flight Delay Compensation policy will get you covered. The policy lets you save the booking cost, so you can utilize the money for other reservations.
Spirit Airlines is an ultra-low-cost air carrier that schedules flights within the US, the Caribbean, and Latin America. The carrier covers around 83 destinations and has a whopping fleet size of 197 modern aircraft. Has your flight been canceled? Stop worrying and browse the strong Spirit Flight Delay Compensation Policy and see how you can get your hard-earned dollars back in no time.
A Quick Overview of Spirit Delayed Flights Compensation
It’s undeniable that delayed or canceled flights can create havoc on your journey while completely ruining your travel plans. But there’s something you cannot control and have to deal with it smartly.
If you are flying with Spirit Airlines and departing from an EU airport, you are in luck, as you can claim strong Spirit Compensation for delayed flights. Although Spirit is not a European airline, it is still covered under EC 261, an air passenger rights regulation that protects travelers from flight delays and cancelations.
What is EC 261 Law?
As far as EC 261 is concerned, passengers will get compensation of up to €600 if their flight is eligible for the same. Here’s a quick rundown of the conditions for which you can claim strong Spirit Delayed Flight Compensation. Browse the criteria carefully, and get all your money back in case of flight delays
- Passengers can claim compensation if their Spirit Airlines flight departed from the EU airport and arrived 3+ hours late at the destination airport.
- The next condition is if Spirit Airlines cancels the flight itself and doesn’t inform travelers 14 days before the departure.
- You are eligible for compensation if your flight was delayed because of any situation under direct airline control.
- Spirit Flight Delay Compensation policy is applicable if a traveler misses a connecting flight due to a delay and doesn’t want to travel anymore.
- Lastly, passengers can opt for a compensation policy if they have overbooked the flight and are denied boarding by the airline due to the same.
Along with the refund, EC 261 also requires airlines to provide essential free food, drinks, and lodgings to their passengers in the case of a delayed flight. Also, be mindful that the law is applied to flights departing from EU airports.
What Makes You Ineligible for Spirit Flight Delay Compensation?
Although EC 261 is one of the leading air passenger rights regulations, it still does not cover all flights under the strong Flight Delay Compensation Spirit Airlines policy. There are a few instances where you cannot claim the compensation and have to let your money go in vain.
- These primarily include extraordinary circumstances over which the airline has no control, such as mechanical issues, operational issues, political unrest, bad weather conditions, etc.
- Additionally, the policy and EC 261 law only cover those flights that are departing from any of the EU airports. If your flight departed from a non-EU airport, you must have to bear the loss and move on without wasting your time and effort.
You must remember that only significant delays will be counted when it comes to the strong Spirit Airlines flight delay. If the airline somehow manages to offer you another flight at the same time, they are not obligated to pay, making customers ineligible for any compensation or refund.
How to Apply for Spirit Airlines Flight Compensation Policy?
Looking forward to claiming Spirit Airlines compensation for a delayed flight? Well, you can do it in two easy ways – either by visiting their official portal or by calling the airline. Be sure to read through the eligibility conditions and ensure you are eligible to get the refund. Here’s how to do so.
Via Spirit Airlines Official Website
It is probably the easiest method to claim compensation for your strong Spirit Airlines Reservations in case your flight gets delayed. Follow the stepwise instructions and get started.
- Launch the official website of Spirit Airlines and enter your credentials to view your booking info.
- Scroll down to the Spirit Airlines Flight Reservation tab if you want a refund or compensation.
- Select the Compensation tab and proceed further.
Through a Phone Call
Are you running out of time, or Is the Spirit Airlines website not loading? Don’t worry, and claim your strong Spirit Airlines Flight Compensation by connecting to the customer care representative. Explain the circumstances under which your flight gets delayed, and let them check your compensation eligibility.
If your flight is covered under EC 261, the customer care representatives will process your refund and send you the confirmation mail once they are done. Moreover, if you have booked Spirit flights through a travel agency, let them handle the compensation process on your behalf.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a strike conducted by airline employees considered under “extraordinary circumstances”?
No, not at all. This situation comes under the direct control of airlines and cannot be considered under extraordinary circumstances.
How much compensation can I expect for Spirit flight delays?
It depends on the length of the flight delay. For example, you’ll get up to €250 per person for flights under 1,500km and up to €400 for flights over 1,500km.
Can I ask for food and refreshments while I wait?
Yes, of course. Along with food and refreshments, you can also seek accommodation and transport to and from the airport.