If you are a frequent traveler and often fly with Spirit Airlines, you must be aware of the annoyance of flight delays and cancelations. But what if you don’t want to travel anymore? Don’t panic, as strong Spirit Flight Delay Compensation policy will get you covered. The policy lets you save the booking cost, so you can utilize the money for other reservations.
Spirit Airlines is an ultra-low-cost air carrier that schedules flights within the US, the Caribbean, and Latin America. The carrier covers around 83 destinations and has a whopping fleet size of 197 modern aircraft. Has your flight been canceled? Stop worrying and browse the strong Spirit Flight Delay Compensation Policy and see how you can get your hard-earned dollars back in no time.
A Quick Overview of Spirit Delayed Flights Compensation
It’s undeniable that delayed or canceled flights can create havoc on your journey while completely ruining your travel plans. But there’s something you cannot control and have to deal with it smartly.
If you are flying with Spirit Airlines and departing from an EU airport, you are in luck, as you can claim strong Spirit Compensation for delayed flights. Although Spirit is not a European airline, it is still covered under EC 261, an air passenger rights regulation that protects travelers from flight delays and cancelations.
What is EC 261 Law?
As far as EC 261 is concerned, passengers will get compensation of up to €600 if their flight is eligible for the same. Here’s a quick rundown of the conditions for which you can claim strong Spirit Delayed Flight Compensation. Browse the criteria carefully, and get all your money back in case of flight delays
- Passengers can claim compensation if their Spirit Airlines flight departed from the EU airport and arrived 3+ hours late at the destination airport.
- The next condition is if Spirit Airlines cancels the flight itself and doesn’t inform travelers 14 days before the departure.
- You are eligible for compensation if your flight was delayed because of any situation under direct airline control.
- Spirit Flight Delay Compensation policy is applicable if a traveler misses a connecting flight due to a delay and doesn’t want to travel anymore.
- Lastly, passengers can opt for a compensation policy if they have overbooked the flight and are denied boarding by the airline due to the same.
Along with the refund, EC 261 also requires airlines to provide essential free food, drinks, and lodgings to their passengers in the case of a delayed flight. Also, be mindful that the law is applied to flights departing from EU airports.
What Makes You Ineligible for Spirit Flight Delay Compensation?
Although EC 261 is one of the leading air passenger rights regulations, it still does not cover all flights under the strong Flight Delay Compensation Spirit Airlines policy. There are a few instances where you cannot claim the compensation and have to let your money go in vain.
- These primarily include extraordinary circumstances over which the airline has no control, such as mechanical issues, operational issues, political unrest, bad weather conditions, etc.
- Additionally, the policy and EC 261 law only cover those flights that are departing from any of the EU airports. If your flight departed from a non-EU airport, you must have to bear the loss and move on without wasting your time and effort.
You must remember that only significant delays will be counted when it comes to the strong Spirit Airlines flight delay. If the airline somehow manages to offer you another flight at the same time, they are not obligated to pay, making customers ineligible for any compensation or refund.
What should I do if my Spirit Airlines flight gets delayed?
Flight delays and cancellations are quite common; however, they can make you frustrated and disappointed. If you are dealing with teh flight delay with Spirit Airlines, there is no need to worry. There are certain things that you can do if your Spirit Airlines flight is delayed.
- First of all, you must check out the flight status of the airline to be aware of the current scenario. If you find out that your flight will be delayed for long hours, you must claim your compensation.
- If you are at the airport, speak to the Spirit Airlines executives at the airport. You can ask about the rebooking options if it is urgent for you to fly.
- You can also connect with the airline agents on the call and claim your compensation for a delay of more than 3 hours.
Simply get in touch with the Spirit Airlines travel executives regarding all your issues, and they will assist you immediately with all your queries. If you are eligible, you can also claim your compensation.
How to Apply for Spirit Airlines Flight Compensation Policy?
Looking forward to claiming Spirit Airlines compensation for a delayed flight? Well, you can do it in two easy ways – either by visiting their official portal or by calling the airline. Be sure to read through the eligibility conditions and ensure you are eligible to get the refund. Here’s how to do so.
Via Spirit Airlines Official Website
It is probably the easiest method to claim compensation for your strong Spirit Airlines Reservations in case your flight gets delayed. Follow the stepwise instructions and get started.
- Launch the official website of Spirit Airlines and enter your credentials to view your booking info.
- Scroll down to the Spirit Airlines Flight Reservation tab if you want a refund or compensation.
- Select the Compensation tab and proceed further.
Through a Phone Call
Are you running out of time, or Is the Spirit Airlines website not loading? Don’t worry, and claim your strong Spirit Airlines Flight Compensation by connecting to the customer care representative. Explain the circumstances under which your flight gets delayed, and let them check your compensation eligibility.
If your flight is covered under EC 261, the customer care representatives will process your refund and send you the confirmation mail once they are done. Moreover, if you have booked Spirit flights through a travel agency, let them handle the compensation process on your behalf.
What can I expect in case of Spirit Airlines flight delay?
When you fly with Spirit Airlines, you get to experience the best services. However, you can face some problems in case of a flight delay or cancellation. If your Spirit Airlines flight is delayed, you can expect compensation or a refund. Additionally, you can expect other things as well in case of a flight delay.
- The airline will hold your baggage until your flight is ready to depart.
- Moreover, Spirit Airlines will also notify you in advance about the flight delay so you don’t have to waste time at the airport.
- You may also be eligible for priority seating on your flight if the delay is for long hours.
- Passengers will also have the rebooking option. They can simply connect with the airline agents to ask about the rebooking option.
- If your flight is delayed for long enough, the airline will also give you vouchers or coupons for future use.
Wrapping it up
Are you worried about the flight delay with Spirit Airlines? There is no need to worry as you can simply connect with the agents of the airline and claim your compensation. Moreover, you can also rebook yourself on the next flight if you are not comfortable with the new schedule of the flight. So contact the airline executives in case of a flight delay, and have a smooth experience with the airline.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a strike conducted by airline employees considered under “extraordinary circumstances”?
No, not at all. This situation comes under the direct control of airlines and cannot be considered under extraordinary circumstances.
How much compensation can I expect for Spirit flight delays?
It depends on the length of the flight delay. For example, you’ll get up to €250 per person for flights under 1,500km and up to €400 for flights over 1,500km.
Can I ask for food and refreshments while I wait?
Yes, of course. Along with food and refreshments, you can also seek accommodation and transport to and from the airport.